VOLUNTEER WITH US
BECOME A CAMP PURPLE LIVE VOLUNTEER!
The camp would not be possible without our team of 30+ dedicated volunteer staff and professional staff to ensure the safety and well-being of our campers.
Volunteer positions include activity group leaders and junior activity group leaders. Our volunteer pediatric or GI medical specialists include:
- Mental Health Specialists
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, we ask that you meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 20 years old (or 18 years old for Junior Counselors)
- Demonstrate empathy for the physical and psychosocial aspects of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Submit all of the required paperwork by the specified deadlines
- Pass Criminal Background, and Reference Checks
- Attend entire staff orientation (typically held one day before camp)
- Meet the specific duties and requirements of their assigned role
- Stay the entire duration of camp
- Abide by all of the rules and policies of CCNZ and the host site
- Embody the mission and guiding principles of Camp Purple Live
- Model standards for behavior that promote respect for health and welfare of the entire camp community
Note to Parents Interested in Volunteering: One of the most important outcomes that campers experience at Camp Purple Live is an increased sense of independence. To foster that outcome, CCNZ does not allow parents of campers to serve as camp volunteers.
If you would like further information on becoming a Camp Purple Live Volunteer, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org